Whole grain flours contain the fiber, vitamins and minerals that processed flours do not — paired with antioxidant-rich blueberries, this makes a winning combo that’ll keep you energized.
Whole Grain Blueberry Pancakes
Sodium: 278 mg
Total fat: 8g
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup blueberries
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Combine orange rind, juice, milk, oil, and egg in a bowl; add to flour mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Spoon 1/4 cup of the batter into heated skillet and top with heaping tablespoon blueberries. Flip pancake when top is covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Repeat procedure with the remaining batter and blueberries.