Feed your family this simple, protein-packed dinner and have leftovers for lunch. Add extra of your favorite veggies to boost the fiber and color of your meal.
Lean beef is one of the best sources of protein and iron in your diet. Look for ground beef that is 90 percent lean or higher. If you are looking to add in more veggies, chopped zucchini and carrots make a great addition to this meal.
Total fat: 7g
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cups yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1.25-ounce package chili seasoning mix
- 1 16-ounce can beans in chili seasoned sauce, undrained
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes and green chilies in juice
- 1 8-ounce can reduced-sodium tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray. Cook beef and onion 5 minutes or until beef is crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chili seasoning mix. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a low boil.
- Reduce heat to medium; simmer 10 minutes, stirring several times.
- Serve with chopped green onions and hot sauce as desired.