Crisp and refreshing, this coleslaw adds fruits and vegetables into your day in a fun way for hot summer dinners.Boost your fruit and veggie intake for the day with this quick no-cook salad. The combination of crisp apples and crunchy nuts and seeds makes this dish extra delicious.
Apple & Almond Cole Slaw
Total fat: 10g
- 1 organic apple, chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 head of a medium green cabbage
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons organic flax seed
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Core and slice the apple into wedges leaving the skin on. Place the cut apples in a bowl and sprinkle the vinegar over them. This will keep the apples from turning brown.
- Thinly slice cabbage or chop the cabbage in a food processor.
- Put your chopped cabbage into a large bowl and add the mayo. Toss to blend.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Toss until well blended and serve immediately.