This lightened up version of a family favorite is simple, quick and easy to make. Double the recipe and have a hearty, nutritious meal on hand in the freezer.
Sodium: 467 mg
Total fat: 10g
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 12-ounce package frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 12-ounce container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 24-ounce jar pasta sauce
- 18 cooked jumbo pasta shells
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To prepare filling, combine mozzarella, Parmesan, parsley, pepper, salt, spinach, ricotta and the egg in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Spread 2 cups of the sauce over the bottom of an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons stuffing into each shell. Arrange stuffed shells in a single layer in pan; top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons Parmesan over sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until bubbly.