Cherries are packed with antioxidants and summertime flavor. Use fresh or frozen cherries and feel free to make this delicious smoothie all summer long.
Grab a hold of one the season’s best fruits. Cherries are not only low on the glycemic index but have powerful anti-inflammatory properties due to their dark red pigments. Whip this smoothie up, add ice, and you’ll think you’re having a milkshake.
Cherry Almond Smoothie
Serves 1 | 333 calories
Sodium: 295 mg
Total fat: 11g
- 2/3 cup fresh or frozen sweet cherries
- 6 ounces nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 9 raw almonds
- 2 teaspoons ground flaxseed
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup almond milk
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Pulse until thoroughly blended and smooth. Add ice or water for desired consistency.