If you’re looking for a high-protein, low-fat meal this one is for you. Shrimp is one of the leanest proteins available. Use fresh or frozen shrimp and add as many colorful veggies as you like. Like it spicy? Go for it. You won’t go wrong with this quick satisfying meal!
Shrimp & Pineapple Stir Fry
Total fat: 5g
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1 cup yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 1 cup pineapple, cubed
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- Combine 3 tablespoons water and next four ingredients (through cornstarch) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Set aside.
- Combine red pepper, black pepper and shrimp in a medium bowl; toss to coat.
- Heat a wok or a large skillet over high heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shrimp mixture; cook 3 minutes or until shrimp are almost done, turning once. Remove shrimp mixture from pan. Set aside.
- Add remaining oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion, bell pepper and ginger; cook 2 minutes stirring occasionally. Return shrimp mixture and juice mixture to pan. Add rice.
- Add pineapple and cook 1 minute or until liquid thickens slightly and shrimp are done. Sprinkle with basil.