Eggs are nutrition powerhouses, and when paired with zucchini make for a hearty meal. This recipe can be served hot or cold. It holds up well if made in advance. If you make one for brunch on the weekend, double up and keep another one on hand for quick grab and go lunches during the week.
Zucchini and Swiss Frittata
Serves 3 | 299 calories
Total fat: 16.5g
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turn on the broiler.
- Mix together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat an ovenproof, nonstick or a cast-iron skillet over medium heat and melt the butter.
- Add the onions and cook for several minutes, until golden brown.
- Add the zucchini and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook the zucchini until tender, and then pour in the egg and milk mixture.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir, cooking slowly, until soft curds form.
- Add the Swiss cheese and cook on low until the eggs begin to set.
- Place the skillet in the oven under the broiler for 2-4 minutes until the eggs puff and are completely set.